Rating and Tagging
Once you have found caches, you can tag and rate them. To do this follow these steps:
A: Setup your geoqo tagging server account
- Go to http://tagserver.geoqo.org/ and set up an account (free) if you want to publish your tags/ratings and retrieve other people's.
B: Import your found caches into geoqo
C: Tag and Rate your found caches
1. Run GeoQO and click on the Tag and Rate Found Caches Button. The Mark Caches as Found button will also offer tagging and rating support as you mark caches you've just found.
2. Fill in the preference options. We suggest doing 10 at a time or so. The next time, you can tag/rate the next 10 caches. Don't ask for more than you're planning on completing.
3. Click "Next" (this step may take a second as it searches through your database for found caches) and it will list the 10 caches to rate and then click "Finished" and enter the tags names you want to use.
4. Click "Next" (this step may take a second as it searches through your database for found caches) and it will list the 10 caches to rate and then click "Finished" and enter the tags names you want to use.
4. Click "Next" and begin tagging and rating your caches!
5. Click "Next" when you have tagged and rated ALL of the caches on the screen. This will also upload your tags and ratings to the tagging/rating server.
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Preparing to go geocaching:
- Returning Home:
- Marking Caches as Found
- Rating and Tagging your found caches
- Advanced Graphical User Interface (GUI) Topics
Command Line Tutorial
- Importing your waypoints
- Searching through you waypoints
- Displaying your waypoints
- Exporting your waypoints
Advanced GeoQO Features
- Advanced ways of Generating Cache Density Plots
- How to find good geocaches
Writing code for GeoQO
- Writing Scripts
- Writing Plugins
- Breakdown of the KML Plugin (one of the most advanced export plugins)
Tips and Tricks
- Saved Specifications: Using saved specification strings
- Differences since last import: find all the differences in a pocket-query (or whatever) since your last import
- Multiple Top10 Analysis: analyze your search results for breakdown in information
- Scripting Examples for Mulitple Top10 Outputs
- Using SQLite to do your own analysis