I am, as you will see, truly insane. Warning: I'm not sure if this condition is contagious. It may be. We'll find out together.
My requirements (or: why I do this)
Much of what I need was actually the reason I started creating geoqo in the first place. I wanted to do things I doubt anything could handle (and if it did, I'm sure it didn't run natively on linux which I use the most).
One of the issues is that I have multiple places where my caching data goes to:
- My Garmin Etrex Vista (B/W)
- limit of 1000 waypoints (ARG!!!)
- I don't want anything in it but geocaches because of the limited memory size
- My TomTom Palm Application
- this requires each Point of Interest to be in individual files
- I have a lot of memory in this, so I want everything in it (including waymarking data points)
- My CacheMate database
- This needs everything but I separate out different regions into different files
- My GeoNiche program
- I rarely use it, but when I'm with people without a GPS I do.
- Also can take everything on my palm card, but I do it in different regions to keep the "current" memory footprint small.
- extra waypoints for geocaches (parking, trail heads, multi-steps)
- waymarking (wifi hot spots alone is worth it)
- geodining? (soon)
- my own data points (home, etc)